Week of December 1st – Advent Theme PEACE
Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Questions for Discussion
- What is the difference between peace in our soul and peace with God?
- How do we find peace with God?
- When did you experience God’s peace this year?
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him.
- Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace,
- Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Week of November 24th – Advent Preparation
What is Advent?
- Advent lasts four weeks. It begins four Sundays before Christmas and ends on Christmas Eve. The word “Advent” comes from the Latin word adventus, which means “coming” or “visit.” It is a season of preparation where followers of Christ prepare for celebrating the birth of Jesus. In the season we keep in mind both “advents” of Christ, the first in Bethlehem and the second yet to come. In Advent, we’re reminded of how much we need a Savior and of the hope, love, joy and peace found in the manger at Bethlehem.
Advent means “Coming”
- During Advent we will be demonstrating a simple Activity as part of our service and then asking every family to go home and have their own Advent Time
Make your own Advent Wreath
- 4 Violet/Purple Candles
- 1 White Candle
- Form the Greenery into a circle. Place the four colored candles around the outside and place the one white candle in the middle.