Small Groups – Fall 2010
- Today’s believers live very similarly to non-believers. A personal sense of significance is rarely experienced, we spend our money and time on things that fail to satisfy and we begin to wonder what life’s ultimate purpose really is. We are, in short, losing our bearings as a people and a nation. To counter this slide within the body of Christ, Focus on the Family launched it’s most ambitious and powerful project in its history—The Truth Project. Excerpt from www.thetruthproject.org)
- A 13 week small group study. 1 Women’s & 1 Open group starting in September
- is an informal course forpeople who’d like to investigate Christianity, or just brush up on the basics. It explores who Jesus was, what his aims were, and what it means to follow him. (Excerpt from www.christianityexplored.org)
- An 8—10 week small group study beginning in October.
- Facilitators: Dale Epp, Phyllis McIntosh, Bill Harris
66 Love Letters
- Psychologist and author Dr. Larry Crabb serves up what could be his magnum opus, combining his passions for Bible teaching, counseling, and people healing one another in communities. Written as an ongoing dialogue between the author and God about the 66 books of the Bible, Crabb uses first person for both voices, taking to the nth degree the common idea that the Bible is a love letter from God. The author’s persona progressively learns deeper truths about God’s love from each “letter,” or book, of the Bible… (Excerpt from Publishers Weekly review.)
- An 8 week overview study of the entire Bible—each book of the Bible seen as a love letter from God to you!
- Several groups beginning in October.
7 Laws of the Learner
- Transform your teaching by understanding how students learn! When you know how students learn, then you can teach so that students absorb, comprehend, and retain new information. This course will help you influence life-changing learning! Taught by Dr. Bruce Wilkinson (Prayer of Jabez)
- Open to all small group leaders and to anyone who wants to become a better communicator.
- Starting October 3 and running the first Sunday of each month at 8:00 a.m.
College and Careers
- Open Group—The place to be if you are out of high school and want to search the truths of The Word. Hosted by Bryden & Michelle Ouwendyk & led by Keith McDonald.
- Men’s Group—A great opportunity to connect with other young men & grow in your Christian faith. Beginning in October—led by Wilf Wiens
Other places to connect & grow this fall!
- Mom’s Morning Out ~ Meet once a month
- Women’s Ministry Mini – Retreat ~ November 6
- Outdoor Adventuremen for Christ Fishing Derby ~ Sept 10—12
I desire that every person at Harbour walk deeply with God and with at least one other person. Our small groups (6—12 people) provide places for you to give and receive care, friendship & accountability. Please let me help you find a place where you can walk deeply with God and with another.
- 905.984.5500 ext27
But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us – perfect love!
I John 4:12 (MSG)