BECOME A CHRISTIAN
Ever asked yourself any of these questions?
- Who is Jesus?
- What is a Christian?
- How do I know God?
We have put together a collection of web resources that will help you answer these questions
Option # 1 – Peace with God.net
- Take this four-step journey to peace with God, then see how you can make Him part of your life. Who is Jesus? The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. Christ died for our sins so that we may live.Hear stories of Changed Lives – She was tired of living. She thought slamming her car into an embankment was the best way to end it, but instead, asked God to change her and make her new.
Option # 2 – God Life.com
- Look to Jesus – Have you ever felt a little lost and wished there was a quick-start guide to your relationship with God? This is it!30 Day Next Step – John Beckett, a leading Christian businessman, has written a series to read over 30 days for new believers.VIDEO – Did you know that you’re part of God’s great story of life? He has a purpose and plan for both you and the world. But if God is good, why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? Hear about God’s perfect plan in this video!
Option # 3 – Reasonable Faith
- Aims to provide in the public arena an intelligent, articulate, and uncompromising yet gracious Christian perspective on the most important issues concerning the truth of the Christian faith today. PODCAST – is a conversational program dealing with the most important apologetic questions of our day.
Option # 4 – Talk with Someone
- Sometimes the best possible next step is to simply tell your story to someone who will listen attentively.There are many at Harbour who would enjoy the privilege of walking with you in this way.You are welcome to visit us on any Sunday, join a group with other spiritual seekers or set up an personal appointment. Click on the link to contact us.
READ YOUR BIBLE
- A great way to get to know God is through prayer and reading the Bible.
- You can’t have a close relationship with someone you never talk to. It’s impossible. God’s word—the Bible—is the primary way He speaks to us. And it’s the absolute best way to discover how to follow Jesus on a daily basis. If you want to know more about God and His promises, reading the Bible is your next step.
- You can download the YouVersion bible app for free for your phone or tablet.
Then start reading. 15 minutes a day
- We suggest starting with The Gospel of John and then reading Romans.
- If you want more background on reading the Bible, where it came from and frequently asked question, this series of 60 second videos can be tremendously helpful.
- Christians get baptized to symbolize their faith in Christ, and to make a public declaration of their faith
- To learn more, sign up for our Understanding Baptism Group
- It’s hard to overestimate the impact one good book can make on your walk with God. More than anyone else, a Christian should be a person who loves to read. Many Christians often want to study a particular area but do not know a reliable book to help form their thinking in that area. As staff, we have put together a list of resources we recommend