It’s hard to summarize two weeks of ministry but here’s our attempt to highlight some of the many ways that we have been able to minister. We could summarize our teams ministry as that of BUILDING UP. Here are the some of the ways that that ministry of encouragement took place.
- Encouragement through presence – we visited/ministered in each of these areas:
- In Heavens Eyes – Home for Street Boys (two visits)
- AIC Children’s Home – Orphanage (two visits)
- Seniors Ministry Centre – 2 different locations
- Talitha Cum – Aids Orphanage (two visits)
- Kimaru Special School for physically and mentally handicapped children
- Victory Christian Schools for JK SK children. (two visits)
- Youth & College and Career Weekend Retreat
- Men’s Gathering (on Sunday Morning as a combined men’s service for 8 churches)
- Sunday Mornings – 7 different churches
- On Friday night we spend time at the AIC Children’s Home and then all day Saturday with the PACE children. For both of these events we provided all the food (some of the children had not eaten meat in a year) and conducted the activities for the kids (Phil and Gary were great soccer goalkeepers and Jon and excellent rugby coach). In both of these ministries the opportunity for these “fun times” are rare – so this was a real treat for the kids (and us as well).
- Encouragement through Personal Ministry
- Jeff taught at least 12 different times and the rest of the team had countless opportunities to share their testimony.
- One on One meetings for encouragement, counseling, evangelism and/or leadership development. Each day was filled with many of these types of meeting.
- This would include meetings with Leaders with are Launching as church – the Kenyan Pastors and the HOD’s at PACE.
- Jon was the biggest kid himself and engaged with the kids whenever we went.
- Nathan worked tirelessly in the PACE library and helped make real progress there.
- Phil was the catalyst behind the building of the pastor’s home and kept that project moving forward.
- One home will be complete this summer and second is to start soon.
- Gary brought nutritional supplements and snacks for many children at the sites we visited.
These are just some of the highlights of two weeks full of building up and into many many lives of behalf of our church and our Lord. Praise God for the way he worked in us (we each have a story to tell) and the way he worked through us.
To God be the Glory.