- Thank-you Father for the gift fathers are to their young children. Humble and help us to be daily disciplined in turning our hearts and desires to you Lord. Setting an example, as we raise our kids to know the love of their heavenly Father! Bless them and open their eyes to opportunity, to speak truth and grace into the hearts of their children. Anchor the words of Proverbs 20:7 to our hearts Lord, “the righteous man walks in integrity: His children are blessed after him”
- Dear Lord, what a blessing it is to pray for the dads as they love and lead their growing children. I pray continued meaningful relationships between our teens and their fathers. Give them perseverance to stand strong in their faith through hard and hurtful circumstances, and also to celebrate in the joy and victories. Cultivate strong bonds Lord. I pray Joshua 1:9 over these fathers Lord. ” Be strong and courageous , Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Thank-you for the gift of grandfathers! A special role to enjoy, encourage and love both our children and grandchildren. Draw us to our knees and show us how to pray for them Lord. A legacy of a life lived for you Lord. Great is your faithfulness oh God. I pray that you too, will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding of our Lord.
- We want to thank you father for the spirit of compassion you have built into the hearts of our foster, step and adoptive fathers here at Harbour. Pour mercy on them. Every day is a gift from you. Help us to take time to pray for our children and to draw our strength from you Lord. When our heart is overwhelmed, lead us to the rock that is higher. Your name is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Thank you Father.
- Dear Lord, we know this day of celebration also comes with great loss and sadness. Thank you that you know our burdens and the tears we’ve shed over the loss of our fathers, longing the role of father, grieving the heartache of a hurtful father Lord. You are the healer of broken hearts, broken dreams, and broken lives. Help us feel your unfailing love over us Lord.
- Dear Lord, thank you for the men at Harbour. Every one, a part of your perfect design. Give them discipline to fill their minds with your word Lord, to pursue relationship with You, to remove satan’s lies that grip us. I pray we can take the words of Exodus 15:2 to heart father. “The Lord is my strength and my song:He has given me victory, This is my God and I will Praise Him!”
Grow this community Lord, work in the hearts of the men here. Wherever we are on our journey, rally us together, sharpen us in our understanding of who you are! Thank you Father, …Amen