Over the last two months the Elders have been developing a ministry position description for the open position of Pastor of Worship Arts. Here is a draft version of that ministry description. The staff and worship/technical arts team have already had a chance to preview and submit there comments. As you have comments or feedback please submit them to the Elders via email the elders[at]harbourfellowship.com
Harbour Fellowship, a church family of some 350 people located in St. Catharines, ON, is seeking a Pastor of Worship Arts. The vision of our church is to Look Up, Live Deep and Lead Out as we accomplish our mission of walking with people from disenchantment to discipleship.
The Pastor of Worship Arts will team with the staff and others to accomplish our Look Up Vision. This entails crafting fluid and thematic contemporary worship services grounded in the week’s teaching text and drawing on a variety of worship elements, musical styles, drama and the arts
We are looking for someone who is an experienced leader, pastor and worshipper. Someone who is teachable, self-motivated and possesses the organizational skills to build and guide a diverse team of volunteer musicians, singers, actors and sound/media/lighting techs.
This position also requires the ability to multi-task and to oversee ministries outside of worship including our Sunday morning host teams and providing pastoral leadership throughout the church.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage the Creative, Worship and Technical Arts Ministry Teams to accomplish the Look Up Vision and Ministry plan on Sunday Mornings.
- Team Building: Recruit, equip and shepherd Ministry Team Leaders and members.
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor, oversee the planning, selection and coordination of all components of Sunday morning services.
- Provide weekly Sunday morning on stage leadership during the service for creative and/or worship elements.
- Provide spiritual care, discipleship and mentoring
- Provide additional pastoral presence and leadership throughout Harbour according to giftedness.
- Create and oversee systems that lead to strong organization throughout ministry area
- Meet the biblical qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-7.
- Demostrated ministry experience in similar role
- Able to enthusiastically embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Philosophy of Ministry of Harbour.
- A formal theological education
- Spiritual gifts of Leadership, Worship and Shepherding
- Able to minister within the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada (FEB).
- Strong musical leadership ability
- Leadership in God-centered creative arts, worship and production of creative programs.
- Familiar with contemporary Christian music and other creative art forms.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- The Lead Pastor
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume along with a worship leadership video link to email@example.com