“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
Greetings from Haiti. We have had a busy week with lots of highlights here are a few of them.
- We were welcomed to Haiti with a very chaotic airport experience, crowded quarters, lost luggage and extreme humidity but we survived a made our way to the Guest House.
- We have appreciated the other team mates that we have joined with. They include those from Kenya, Detroit and Philadelphia. The culture diversity of our team has been a highlight for us and we have enjoyed the laughter that it has brought.
- We have spend 3 successful days working in the mornings at the work site – it is in a very poor area of children. We have assisted the skill laborers in completing two homes and help fill the foundation for a church building.
- During the work, many children gathering inside the current church, there we have played games, taught bible stories and made crafts – on Friday we fed over 100 of them. We were told that for many this would be there only meal of the day.
- Today we were at another church and conducted a four hour combination church service/VBS for over 160 children – it was a hectic day in hot and crowded conditions but in both these VBS experiences we have felt the Spirit with us as we told the story of Jesus and his love for them.
- We have been able to meet some great Christian brothers in the Lord. Junior, Deste and Livens are 3 men that have spent a lot of time with us and we appreciate their faith and love for Christ.
- The team is doing remarkably well – they are working hard, engaging in relationships at every opportunity and remaining flexible throughout.
- It has been great to see how each team member has added value to our experience – Isaiah and Mandy serving as our translators, Justin and Caleb with their strong work ethic, Devan with her musical leadership, Jacqueline with her nurturing presences, Sharon in her craft leadership, Daniel with his fun loving spirit, Celine with her love and care for each child and Jeff as a valued member of the leadership team here and amazing shepherd over the Canadian Team. . . . and only name a few of many strengths we have seen shine out of their lives.