Our trip is divided into four different parts – here are some highlights from the first segment
- Arrived safely in Nairobi on Monday night after minimal flight delays and had all of our luggage
- Traveled to Amboseli National Park and settled into our camp. We each had a tent to ourselves which was big enough to contain a twin size bed – there was a flush toilet and warm showers – it wasn’t luxury camping but it was a good place to stay
- Had Safari on Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday – a great experience and got to see many animals – including 100’s of elephants and a cheetah.
- Our 5 Kenyan friends who accompanied us – surprised and honoured us with a gift of a goat on the last evening there – in a matter of hours the goat was slaughtered, roasted and then totally consumed. This whole event was quite an experience and a real memory for us all
- Established and Built Relationships – with so many hours in the van we really got to know each other better – both as a team and with the Kenyans. Many great cultural and spiritual interactions occurred.
- Arrived safely at PACE – it has been raining a lot here which makes transportation a real adventure we’ve all bought rubber boots and are jumping into ministry opportunities starting today.
- Please pray for us as we begin the ministry portion of our trip – many more spiritual conversation, the building of a home for a local pastor, the youth retreat, sites visits and ministry at Pace – pray that God would use us in each of these venues