The process of selecting an organization for Harbour to partner with has been a steady journey of prayer, investigation and discernment to find an agency that is meeting needs in our community and that would fit well with Harbour volunteers.
The following is a summary of the steps so far:
- Survey of the Harbour community about their passions, interests and time availability for volunteering
- Meeting with the Mayor of St. Catharines to hear more about needs in our city
- Reviewed reports about the root of suffering in the Niagara Region
- Contacted community agencies meeting needs in our community
- Visited several agencies to learn more about their volunteer opportunities and needs they aim to meet
- Visited a short list of agencies with pastors, elders (one) and WC team member
After visiting this short list, we carefully thought through each of these opportunities and came to realize that they would fit well for some Harbour volunteers, but likely not the majority. We realized that we need to find an agency that offers volunteer opportunities for everyone at Harbour – individuals, community groups, youth and seniors.
So with this greater focus, we will renew our search of agencies to find one that is meeting important needs in our community and that provides a wide range of volunteer opportunities for all of Harbour to plug into.
We believe that God will lead us to an agency that will provide many volunteer opportunities that will bring blessings for Harbour volunteers, our partner agency and the community members we serve.
We want to thank you for your patience during this process. We are excited to announce Harbour’s partner organization in the near future!
The Walk Compassionately Community Partner Team