LOVING WITH YOUR WORDS
40 Days of Love, Part 3
For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34 (NIV)
1. LOVE PEOPLE WITH ___________HONEST WORDS_______________
Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
Proverbs 27:5-6 (NIV)
2. LOVE PEOPLE WITH __________CALM WORDS______________
A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:27-28 (NIV)
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1 (NIV)
3. LOVE PEOPLE WITH ________BUILDING WORDS________________
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
- Ask God for his help in loving with your words this week
- READ daily chapters (15-21) of Relationship Principles of Jesus.
- REMEMBER the weekly memory verse – I Cor.13:6 Love rejoices when truth wins out.
- DECIDE with your Small Group how you will “Reach out Together”